CMMC Compliance Advisory
Compliance with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program requires DoD contractors to undergo cybersecurity audit and certification, beginning in 2020/2021. CMMC will be a single standard for all DoD contracts that considers the security control and the institutionalization of cyber processes across a contractor’s enterprise assets including development environments for mission systems. Previous regulations for DoD contractors handling controlled unclassified information (CUI) allowed for self-certification of compliance with appropriate NIST 800-171 controls. Compared to 800-171, CMMC increases cyber hygiene rigor with metrics collection, agility for model changes and audits via third-party assessors to ensure that DoD contractors have appropriate levels of security in place.
SecureIT’s CMMC compliance advisory services are specially designed to help defense contractors understand CMMC’s threat-based assessment model and implement the required controls for protecting sensitive systems, environments and data. SecureIT’s CMMC advisory services assist defense contractors with the following:
- Provide education on CMMC and its specific requirements
- Explain the five levels of CMMC certification and the requirements of each level
- Understand the process of threat assessments and scoring for risk determination
- Understand how CMMC assessors will conduct audits, collect metrics and analyze risk within your organization
- Assist in the preparation for audits performed by accredited third-party CMMC assessors
- Implement Rizkly, a SaaS solution to ease day-to-day CMMC compliance tasks and audit preparation efforts
Start CMMC Planning Now
Take the next step to help your company achieve CMMC compliance and prevent impacts to your DoD bid and proposal activities. SecureIT wants to help you succeed with a variety of options to get started:
- Click here to get pricing for our CMMC compliance services that we tailor to meet your organization’s specific needs. We will pick up the phone and call you to discuss your specific needs.
- Our NIST 800-171 infographic is a great place to start. It boils down key facts, planning, and tips for success and just takes a couple minutes to review. See it here.
- Our brief eBook, “5 Tips for NIST 800-171 Success“, provides valuable guidance in helping government contractors meet the upcoming compliance deadline with minimal disruption to your core business. Download it today.