Financial Institutions Cyber Security
A rapidly changing cyber landscape combined with new dynamics associated with blockchain technology and digital currencies requires banks and their boards to be even better positioned to prevent and withstand cyber attacks. SecureIT helps financial institutions prepare for an audit and provides fresh perspective on cyber security readiness and strategy to validate your organization’s existing security posture.
Additional regulatory changes for financial institutions further the requirements for expertise within IT, security, and audit teams. The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) developed the Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (CAT) to assist management and the board in assessing preparedness and risk. SecureIT’s extensive experience in financial services IT audit and compliance provides you with customizable security assessment, penetration testing, reporting, and educational offerings lead by proven experts in your industry.
- Annual Audit and Assessment: an independent, external assessment using FFIEC controls provides a comprehensive review of cybersecurity risk, identifying internal and external threats and vulnerabilities.
- Remediation Advisory: expert guidance in selecting tools and technology to address risks identified in the annual assessment. Advice on FFEIC’s CAT assessment and follow-up strategy and action planning.
- Executive-Level Reporting with Quarterly Check-In’s: reports on incidents and remediation efforts provide relevant operational information and ensure cybersecurity issues are visible to management.
- Periodic Penetration Testing throughout the Year: regular testing, rather than annual testing, keeps deployed security measures up to date with rapidly changing cyber attack scenarios.
- Executive/Board Communication: cybersecurity education for executives improves understanding of issues and capacity for meaningful oversight that supports appropriate funding for efforts.
Partnering with SecureIT provides banks and their boards with a valuable fresh set of eyes that compliment existing 3rd party audit efforts. The addition of SecureIT’s expertise and validation means banks can better demonstrate the organization’s commitment to taking security threats seriously while enhancing long-term resiliency to cyber attacks.
Ready to get started? Contact SecureIT to let us know and we will pick up the phone and call you to discuss your audit and cybersecurity enhancement initiatives.